23 March, 2011

Somebunny did some scrapbooking!


2 pages - 12x12 layout for Easter
I'll have to add photos after the big hunt!
These little bunnies and the peek-a-boo bear are just paper pieced from Bazzill textured cardstock. I draw my little guys, trace them onto clear/frosted template plastic to make my templates. I love to draw cute little characters and bring them to life! The only cardstocks I use are Bazzill and Stampin' Up! GREAT quality and colors! I use chalks and a makeup sponge (cheap!) to edge the pieces in ink before I assemble them.
Hidden journaling ~ this tag just tucks behind the photo mat!
More hidden journaling ~ I just used a small brad to allow the piece to "swing" open.
I dressed up some of my old Prima paper flowers by brushing them with Stickles! Love Love Love the sparkly stuff! You can use a cheap, stiff brush to brush it on before or even after you stack the flowers. I used small brads for the centers. You can either adhere them with the brad OR use Glue Dots. Glue dots rock!
Use your scraps! I'm such a hoarder. The sign was made with scraps from my little bunnies and the bear above. Oh! And naturally, I had to use my sewing machine too! I simply sewed around the edges of the photo mat to the left of the sign.
Bling Baby!
It's hard to see in this photo but I just dressed up some older papers and random punch out frames with Swarovski flat back crystals, rub-ons and metal pieces I had laying around! I just happened to have had a 12x12 piece of gingham paper from a bazillion years ago that matched Icelyn's little dress!
A few quick things:
My favorite adhesives are Glue Dots, red sticky strips and simply good old Scotch double sided tape! Yep, it's photo safe and it actually held up displays in my store better than any other adhesive! So, if you can't get to a Scrapbook store or wait to order online, just run to your local grocery store, home improvement store, Wallymart or even variety pharmacy store - they probably have Scotch double sided tape!

2 comments:

  1. Your scrapbooking pages are beautiful, I have a quilt journal that I scrapbook and I love looking for pages and stickers to put in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne I don't know how on earth you find the time to do that! You are a busy little bee! xoxo, cheryl

    ReplyDelete